Back to Attorneys
Print This Page
Nicholas J. Zeher
Nick Zeher is an attorney who handles all manner of yacht matters for Robert Allen Law. Nick grew up on the ocean working on charter boats in South Florida. At the age of 18, Nick obtained his USCG Captain’s license and began what would be more than a decade of serving as a full-time, professional yacht captain traveling throughout the eastern seaboard of the United States and the Caribbean. While working as a yacht captain, Nick attended St. Thomas University School of Law where he obtained his Juris Doctor degree. After passing the Florida Bar, Nick spent nearly two years as a Public Defender in Palm Beach County where he handled well over 1,000 cases and tried over 25 jury trials. Now, Nick combines his court room experience with his knowledge of yachts which, at Robert Allen Law, makes him a natural fit for both the Litigation and Transaction teams of Yacht Lawyers.
•Complex Yacht-Related Litigation
•Purchase and Sale Agreements
•Vessel Construction contracts
•Vessel Refit contracts
- St. Thomas University School of Law (J.D. 2017)
- Dean’s List
- Law School Dean’s Award
- Law School Merit Scholarship
- St. Thomas University (B.A. 2008)
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- International Superyacht Society
- International Yacht Brokers Association
- Coastal Conservation Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member of Young Lawyers Section
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- What Insurance Policy is Right for Your Yacht?, OnboardOnline. Published February 2023
- Referrals and Kickbacks: are they both Legal and Ethical?, OnboardOnline. Published November 2022
- US Sanctions on Russian Oligarchs: What They Mean for Yachting, OnboardOnline. Published April 2022
- Recommendations in Yacht Transactions: How to Protect Yourself, International Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine, February/March 2022
- Vessel Warranties – The Importance of Compliance with the Terms, OnboardOnline. Published September 2021
- Wire Transfer Fraud: Check Twice, Send Once, OnboardOnline. Published June 2021
- The How and Why of Insurance Claim Denials, Based Upon Recent Events in the Marketplace, International Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine. October/November 2020
- What to Look for in New Yacht Construction Contracts, International Yacht Brokers Association Monaco Summit. Panelist, November, 2019.
- Similarities and Differences Between IYBA and MYBA Purchase and Sales Agreements, International Yacht Brokers Association Monaco Summit. Presenter, November, 2019.
- Do’s & Don’ts of Dual Agency Representation, International Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine. October/November, 2019.
- Yacht Brokers’ Dual Agency and What to Know, International Yacht Brokers Association West Coast Sales Summit. Presenter, August, 2019.
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Merchant Marine Mariner Credential, Captain’s License