Back to Attorneys
Print This Page
Christopher J. Anderson
Christopher Anderson is a Partner at Robert Allen Law where he represents clients in complex transactions in the superyacht industry. Chris has been representing clients in the yachting industry since 2006.
His practice areas include:
- Superyacht Transactions
- International Business and Corporate Transactions
- Real Estate Law
- SuperYacht Transactions: Chris has extensive experience in representing a broad spectrum of clients in the yachting industry, including purchasers and sellers of pleasure yachts, marine lenders, yacht manufacturers, yacht dealers, and yacht brokerages. He regularly represents clients, speaks, and publishes in the following areas:
- Vessel Purchases and Sales;
- Vessel Flagging and Registration;
- New Build Construction;
- Vessel and Floor Plan Financing;
- Dealer Agreements;
- Vessel Chartering;
- Vessel Donations; and
- Crew Agreements
- International Business and Corporate Transactions: Chris represents clients in general corporate and business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, offerings of equity and debt, corporate finance, and federal and state securities law compliance. He also provides clients counsel with respect to corporate governance principles, board committee charters, responsibilities of board committees and independent directors, corporate policies, and general corporate matters.
- Real Estate Law: Chris focuses on commercial leasing matters, including retail and office leasing, and representing buyers and sellers in complex commercial and residential purchase and sale transactions. He has experience in representing non-US clients, and works regularly with accountants and tax advisers to ensure that his clients are guided through the complex taxation and reporting requirements imposed on foreign purchasers and sellers of US real estate.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 2005), magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Articles and Comments Editor, University of Miami Law Review
- Johns Hopkins University (B.A., 1999)
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- International Yacht Brokers Association, Forms Committee
- Yacht Brokers Association of America
- National Marine Lenders Association
- Johns Hopkins University National Alumni Schools Committee
- Lending on Foreign-Flag Vessels, Panel Discussion, National Marine Lenders Association Conference, 2017.
- Legal Tips for Smooth Sailing After Closing (Lead author), International Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine, 2017.
- Understanding U.S. Entry and Exit Requirements for Yachts (Lead author), International Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine, April/May 2017
- Fraud in Yacht Sales (Lead author). Yacht Brokers Association of America Yacht Brokers News, April 2016.
- EIAPP and ROAFS- What are you Talking About? Florida Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine, December 2015.
- New York Sales & Use Tax on Yachts Update (Lead author). Florida Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine, October/November 2015.
- Navigating the Delivery Location, Florida Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine, 2015.
- 2014 Updates to FYBA Documents (coauthor), Florida Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine, 2015.
- Seven Things You Should Know about the New FYBA Purchase and Sale and Listing Agreements, Florida Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine, 2013.
- Using Yachts as Collateral in Marine Lending (coauthor), Florida Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine, 2013.
- Legal Considerations for Fractional Ownership of Yachts, Florida Yacht Brokers Association Compass Magazine.
- Fractional Ownership of Yachts, Panel Discussion, Florida Yacht Brokers Association.
- Introducing the New FYBA Listing Agreement, FYBA presentation, 2012.
- Foreign Investment in the United States, (coauthor), US-Italy Chamber of Commerce Southeast, 2009.
- AV Rated Attorney Martindale Hubbell 2014-present
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers–Rising Stars Edition 2012-2016