Back To Attorneys
Print This Page
Christopher J. Anderson
- Yacht, Maritime and Brokerage
- Commercial Trusts
- Secured Maritime Lending
- Real Estate
Christopher Anderson is a transactional attorney in Robert Allen’s real estate and corporate law departments. He has experience in a variety of transactions with his practice focused in the following areas:
- Corporate Law: Mr. Anderson represents clients in general corporate and business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, offerings of equity and debt, corporate finance, and federal and state securities law compliance. He also provides clients counsel with respect to corporate governance principles, board committee charters, responsibilities of board committees and independent directors, corporate policies, and general corporate matters.
- Yacht Transactions: Mr. Anderson has extensive experience in representing a broad spectrum of clients in the yachting industry, including yacht manufacturers, yacht brokerages, franchisors, franchisees, marine lenders, and purchasers and sellers of pleasure yachts.
- Trade Finance: Mr. Anderson represents US-based lenders in the documenting and structuring of Ex-Im Bank supported credit facilities.
- Real Estate: Mr. Anderson focuses on commercial leasing matters, including retail and office leasing, and representing buyers and sellers in complex commercial and residential purchase and sale transactions. He has experience in representing non-US clients, and works regularly with accountants and tax advisers to ensure that his clients are guided through the complex taxation and reporting requirements imposed on foreign purchasers and sellers of US real estate.
- Art Law: Mr. Anderson has provided legal counsel and managed transactions of important pieces by artists such as Pablo Picasso, Robert Motherwell, Diego Rivera, Bradley Walker Tomlin and Roberto Matta. He has negotiated purchase and sale contracts, consignment agreements, and is familiar with the issues specific to the transfer of precious artwork, including authenticity, insurance, confidentiality, handling, delivery, import/export and cultural property issues.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 2005), magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Articles and Comments Editor, University of Miami Law Review
- Johns Hopkins University (B.A., 1999)
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Yacht Brokers Association, Forms Committee
- Johns Hopkins University National Alumni Schools Committee
- SAVE Dade, Treasurer
- Introducing the New FYBA Listing Agreement, Florida Yacht Brokers Association
- Seven Things You Should Know about the New FYBA Purchase and Sale and Listing Agreements, Florida Yacht Brokers Association
- Legal Considerations for the Fractional Ownership of Yachts, Florida Yacht Brokers Association
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers–Rising Stars Edition 2012
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers–Rising Stars Edition 2013